Wakin Live Appearance At Berjaya Times Square

Wakin 20 Live In Malaysia 2007 Concert Ticket Launch And Live Appearance
Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur
10 June 2007




Words cannot express how happy I am when I heard that Emil Chau will be holding a concert here in KL as I've been an Emil Chau fan since my secondary school time. I will finally get a chance to see Emil Chau perform live on stage and this little meet the fan session at Berjaya Times Square to promote his concert was like a bonus to me!

I managed to see Emil Chau in person at a very close distance and it was indeed a very memorable day. My hubby, who was standing further back behind the crowd took some photos of Emil Chau performing on stage. I was standing right infront, just before the metal barrier and managed to take videos instead with my handphone camera (mind the loud screaming, shouting and singing in the background of the videos as I think I stood just next to the group of Emil Chau fan club members who were really more excited than me to see Emil Chau hehehe. Although I'm a huge fan of Emil Chau, but my quiet demeanour prevents me to scream out loud no matter how excited I am :P).

Emil Chau as usual was cheerful, friendly and polite throughout the session and he also constantly displayed his trademark 'hahahaha' laughs. I find it really infectious as it makes me laugh with him as well and for a split second, I totally forgot about my problems and unhappiness.

When Emil came on stage singing 'Yu Ren' everyone cheered and applauded. Then I started my handphone video camera and recorded the memorable scene. In the beginning, I only wanted to capture a short video clip, but the overall performance was just so good and entertaining that I didn't have the heart to stop the video. In the end, I managed to record the entire session. It was really entertaining, feels just like a mini concert.

The only thing lacking was the venue. It was held at the entrance of Berjaya Times Square and after a while it became really warm with so many people crowding near the stage. I saw poor Emil had to wipe his sweat off several times with a tissue. During the session, I also heard Emil jokingly mentioned to his fans who were standing further inside the entrance saying "Why do you all have air-conditioning but I do not have. What happens if it rains?" :P

After singing Yu Ren, Emil gave a short speech on his coming concert and also cracked some jokes too together with the Radio DJ girl. When that was over, everyone shouted 'encore', 'encore' so that he will sing a song or two more before starting the autograph session. Emil finally gave in and sang 'Friends' (Peng You) . Then he went on to sing 'I Want To Marry You Tomorrow' without music accompaniment and then 'Flowery Heart' (Hua Xin).

Finally, it was time for the autograph session. My hubby and I joined in the crowd and queued up for the autograph and to catch a closer glimpse of Emil. Each person was allowed only 2 pieces of poster to be autographed and when my turn came, I gave Emil 2 pieces to be signatured on. Surprisingly, he asked me if I wanted 2, and I said yes. Then Emil mention something like 'wa very rich ya' (coz we will get 1 poster for every ticket purchased on that day). Then I told Emil that I'm bringing my mom to watch the concert. Emil smiled happily and said to me that I'm a very filial girl and shook hands with me. Wow, I was mesmerized because I just had a short conversation with Emil Chau, my idol and saw him in person at such close range and shook hands with him! :)

After that I stayed on until Emil finished with the autograph session. He then gave a short speech and promised to give us his best on July 14 and hoped to see all of us there before vanishing into the car that was waiting at the side....

I went home that day, thinking of Emil Chau's short conversation with me and his fantastic performance on stage... a truly priceless encounter... :)



Here are some photos taken on that memorable day :

Fans patiently waiting for the appearance of Emil Chau



Emil Chau singing Yu Ren on stage



Emil Chau waving to the crowd


Emil Chau singing Yu Ren


Emil Chau's happy expression seeing so many loyal fans



Emil Chau with the Radio DJ


Emil Chau having fun with the crowd


Emil Chau singing 'Peng You'


Emil Chau singing 'Peng You'


Emil Chau's funny expression :)


Emil Chau singing 'Hua Xin'


Emil Chau autographing posters


Emil Chau autographing posters


End of the autograph session. Emil talking to the crowd.


End of the autograph session. Emil talking to the crowd.


Emil leaving..


Emil leaving..


Autographed concert poster


Closer look of the autographed poster


Close up on Emil's signature


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Photos below are screen dumps from SooHK's photoblog (with permission from SooHK) .








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Here are some videos taken on that memorable day :


Patiently waiting for the appearance of Emil Chau...



At last, Emil came on stage !!



Emil's main performance video 1.. 'superb' !!!



Emil's main performance video 2.. 'superb' !!!



Emil's autograph session...



Emil's autograph session & farewell speech...



**************************************************************

More photos from :
Wakin Taiwan Website:

http://www.wakin.idv.tw/album/album_20070610.htm

**************************************************************